Incontinence Home Care
If you, or a loved one, need support with toileting and incontinence care, we will be happy to help while maintaining your dignity.
Every’s Home Care provide professional incontinence and catheter care to elderly without compromising their comfort and dignity.
Every’s Home Care Is Helping People With Personal Care & Elderly Incontinence
Incontinence is something which many elderly people experience, and yet it is a subject which is rarely discussed.
The fact that incontinence is considered to be a taboo subject means that large numbers of elderly people are left feeling ashamed, embarrassed and reluctant to ask for help. Yet the problem is a common one, with around a quarter of elderly people experiencing bladder issues and one-tenth facing bowel problems.
Caring For Senior/Elderly With Incontinence?
Millions of elderly Americans deal with the embarrassment and uncertainty caused by urinary incontinence. More common in older women, incontinence can interfere with an at-home senior’s ability to enjoy an active lifestyle.
When you’re serving as a caregiver for an older loved one who’s still aging independently in place, poor bladder control can frustrate you both. Many seniors simply accept incontinence as a normal part of aging, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Here are some proven ways to proactively care for a senior with incontinence.
What Does Incontinence Care Mean?
As a care agency, Every’s Home Care serve clients who are looking for incontinence home care in their own home with experienced, trained carers. Our highly qualified carers can help you to manage incontinence effectively so you or your loved one can stay in your home and retain as much dignity, comfort and independence as possible. Our care team are all experienced, adaptable and intelligent and will provide flexibility and continuity of care.
Medical Conditions Associated with Incontinence
- Infection – not only of the urine but also of the skin between the legs, the commonest of which is a fungal infection in which the skin is red and moist.
- Estrogen Deficiency – very common in elderly ladies, causing urinary urgency and a sore, dry vagina.
- Diabetes – often associated with incontinence. Check for the presence of glucose in the urine.
- Neurological Disorders such as stroke or multiple sclerosis – affect central nervous system control of bladder and sphincter.
- Previous Pregnancies – difficult deliveries, may result in prolapse or nerve damage.
- Older people frequently have many different things wrong with them and are taking lots of tablets and medicines which, in themselves, can contribute to urinary incontinence or make its management more difficult. Although incontinence is not inevitable, it is much more common if the patient is severely confused and physically disabled. It follows that correction of confusion or active rehabilitation will reduce incontinence.
What Causes Incontinence In The Elderly?
There are many reasons why incontinence may occur such as:
- Weak bladder muscles or pelvic floor muscles.
- Overactive bladder muscles.
- Injury, or damage to nerves or muscles from surgery.
- Damage to the bladder nerves from diabetes, multiple sclerosis or Parkinson’s disease.
- Blockage from an enlarged prostate in men.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs).
- If you think your loved one is having issues with incontinence, then it is important that you talk with them about this as soon as possible.
What You Should Know About Incontinence Home Care Service Costs?
- Incontinence home care services are generally charged by the hour. However, some services charge a flat rate for staying overnight.
- Medicare and private health insurance may cover some home care costs; though nonmedical care is generally not covered. So, we also recommend our clients to check with your health plan beforehand.
- Long-term care insurance may cover personal care and homemaker services.
Our Caregiver Are Trained to Assist & Help Your Loved One With Dignity
Incontinence is a symptom and not a disease. Treatments for loss of bladder or bowel control depend on which type of medical condition is being treated as well as what is causing a senior’s problem. Although it is a topic that is seldom discussed openly, it is very important for the health and well-being of an affected senior that an accurate medical diagnosis is made in a timely manner.Our trained in-home caregivers can assist with helping your loved one to the toilet or by providing a bedpan where physical or cognitive issues have limited their mobility. In some cases, incontinence cannot be 100% managed by medical interventions and protective incontinence products are needed. We can assist with educating an elderly family member as to the use and correct way to dispose of any required products.
Step 1: Connect on WhatsApp
You can also connect with our team of professionals through Send us a text on 1424 382 3230 and get your required assistance and services
Step 2: Speak to our team
Join hands with the professional team of our homecare experts. Our customer care representatives are available 24/7 to assist you. Call Now to connect
Step 1: Request A Call Back
You can also request a call back through an email or sending us a text message on 1424 382 3230
Every’s Home Care provides a complete range of urinary incontinence services which include stress incontinence, overflow incontinence, overactive bladder and functional incontinence.
Incontinence care relates to helping an individual achieve and maintain this control of their bladder or bowel functions, through tips on how to keep the bladder healthy, continence assessment, identifying a suitable course of treatment if necessary and emotional support and advice.
Incontinence Care Plan at Every’s Home Care is knitted around bladder training program, medication, continence products such as pads, catheters or condom drainage. advice on how to keep your bladder and bowel healthy.
At incontinence and catheter caring, we charge a flat, hourly rate regardless of the services required. This rate stays the same on weekends, nights, and holidays, so you or a loved one can get care when you need it. Our rates vary by location. Please reach out to your local Every’s Home Care Service Center to find out what our hourly rate is.
For More Information About Dementia Home Care Services Please Call
With a dedicated customer team, arranging Dementia Home Care is just a phone call away.
Our Customer Support Assistant will talk through all of your needs and arrange a consultation with a local care manager who will be arranging home care for you or your loved one.